Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Layla Grace

If you have been around me any time at all lately you will know that I have been receiving text updates from twitter on sweet Layla Grace that I read about a couple weeks ago. Layla Grace is a 2 year old little girl who was fighting neuroblastoma (http://www.laylagrace.org/). This afternoon I received an update that said "Layla went to play with the angels early this morning. Rest in peace precious Layla. 11/26/2007-03/09/2010". Layla has gone to be with the Lord. It's devasting news for everyone that was keeping up with her I'm sure because she was such a cute little girl and really made you want to know her when you would read about her and just made you smile when you saw her picture. 
When I got the message, I just looked at Kaleb and cried. I could not even begin to imagine the pain that her family is going thru at this moment. I know there has to be a sense of peace because Layla isn't suffering anymore, but I am sure there is also an emptiness from her being gone. I just pray for comfort, love, and peace for them in the time to come and that God will surround them with his love.
I never knew her or got to meet her, but she definitely touch my life. Thank you Layla for teaching me that every day I have with my child is a blessing from God and a priviledge, for teaching me to have more patience with him when he is working my nerves, and to help me to realize just how much I love and cherish him. 
Rest in peace sweet Layla Grace...you will definitely be remembered by everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment